The long-awaited day has finally arrived, Making History II has launched. The boxed retail version is available at select retail outlets and online at Amazon.com. After installing, your game should automatically update to version 1.0.6, which is the official release version of the MHII.
We're excited to get this game into players' hands, but don't think we're done. The coming weeks and months will see a number of new features introduced, changes to existing systems and ongoing improvements to overall performance. We'll keep running contests, posting blogs focusing on different parts of the game and reading everything you have to say on the forums (Even when it's not very nice).
Here are the patch notes for the official release update, 1.0.6:
- Fixed bug that messed up treaty negotiations
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused new alliance member to attack another member
- Fixed bug that allowed you to get more (or less) MPUs back from destroying and improvement than it took to build
- Fixed bug that caused you to lose Oil when 2 groups merged
- Change Jet Propulsion Lab research requirement to National Laboratories (breaks dependency loop with Turbo Jet testing)
- Fixed bug where naval units in cities would not show their location in the unit lists on the Military panel
- Fix bug that sometimes caused a region slot to disappear if it's improvement was destroyed
- Fixed subs not showing up in the counts on the Military panel
- Fixed issue where "Declare War" decision point text didn't always fit in the button
- Fixed bug in executing peace treaty terms
- Fixed bug that caused autosaves to stop working if you loaded from an autosave
- Improved engine performance
- Several improvements in UI performance
- Added new system for nation specific victory conditions
- Added support for lists of cities to capture and hold
- Added content for the major powers in all 3 scenarios
- System will get more options in future releases
- Added Seasons system
- Added content for Russian Winter to all scenarios
- Slows movement/resupply, penalizes attacking and resistance
- Tuned the model choices for Medium and Low Resolution model sets to be less "German"
- Changed the way the city construction digger gets displayed
- Update naval unit panel
- Fix for rare game stopping error when trying to merge groups in different regions
- Fix game stalling bug in navy patrol
- Fix embargo/war behavior towards enemies of our enemies
- Improve peace treaty evaluation
- Fixed bug that could stall the game if a move path became invalid
- Fix game stalling bug that can occur when the AI is threatened from a unit in a canal region
- Added ability for the user to set the Autosave Frequency and default autosave to off
- Changed crash message to ask users to send their game/launcher version in with the crashdump file
- Changed layout of Game Options page to be better
- Sort major nations to the top of the nations list
- Added support for choosing City Conquest game mode for major nations
- Added a link to the online tutorial/walkthrough to the program group
We can't express how happy we are to have the community that we do. You have helped make this game a reality and we hope we've taken your suggestions and comments and made them into the game you want to play. Keep giving us your comments, reporting bugs and suggesting ways to improve balance. This is your game, we will keep doing everything we can to make it everything you want it to be.
Stay tuned, there's plenty more to come for Making History II.